Smaller authority name: __Tutnall and Cobley Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement____________30 May 2018___________________(a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Lorraine Griffiths, Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer, 69 Cavendish Street, Worcester WR5 3DX , 07528 242858,
commencing on (c) __Monday 4 June 2018 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 13 July 2018 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
· The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
· The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by (e) _________________________________
(a) Insert date of placing of the notice which must be not less than 1 day before the date in (c) below
(b) Insert name, position and address/telephone number/ email address, as appropriate, of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the accounts
(c) Insert date, which must be at least 1 day after the date of announcement in (a) above and at least 30 working days before the date appointed in (d) below
(d) The inspection period between (c) and (d) must be 30 working days inclusive and must include the first 10 working days of July.
(e) Insert name and position of person placing the notice – this person must be the responsible financial officer for the smaller authority
NAME OF SMALLER AUTHORITY:Tutnall & Cobley Parish Council
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF AUDIT
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2016
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (Sl 2015 No-234)
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
1. Date of announcement: 6 September 2016(a)
2. Notice of conclusion of audit and publication of accounts: 8 August 2016
The audit of the authority's accounts for the above year has been concluded on:
8 August 2016 by grant Thornton UK LLP.
The Annual governance statement, Accounting statements and the External auditor certificate and report (the Annual Return), have been published (b)(c).
Copies of documents are available for purchase by any person on payment of a reasonable sum. Documents will remain available for public access for a period of not less than 5 years from the date of this notice (d).
3. Section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provides for the exercise of public rights to inspect the statement of accounts:
Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to make copies of:
the accounting statements, the external auditor's opinion and ceftificate of completion (e), any public interest report relating to the authority, and any recommendation relating to the authority. For the year ended 31 March 2016 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 4 below.
4. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts and availability (f) Lorraine Griffiths, 69 Cavendish St, Worcester, WR5 3DX
5. Signature and namöfrperson giving Notice on behalf of the authority
Clerk and/or Responsible Financial Officer
Insert date of placing of this Notice
Parish Councils should publish information on a website.
Parish meetings should display information in a conspicuous place in the area of the authority for at least 14 days.
See note 25.2 of the
Local Audit and
Accountability Act 2014 for further information.
Section 3 of Annual Return provides the external auditors certificate and report including any subsequent pages attached.
Inselt name, position, address and contact details such as telephone and email of the Clerk or other person to which any person may apply to inspect the above documents, and the details of the manner in which notice should be given of an intention to inspect the accounting records and other documents.
For more detailed guidance on electors' rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication
Council Accounts — A Guide to Your Rights are available from the National Audit Office website
NORTH WORCESTERSHIRE WATER MANAGEMENT are overseeing much of the local flooding, and while many complaints need to be directed to other departments / organisations we would still appreciate if you could alert us of any floods you become aware of so we can keep up-to-date records.
For any ordinary watercourse flooding, please contact NWWM on email@example.com in the first instance, or for anything more urgent please call us on 01562 732 191. We will need as much information as possible.
For any main river flooding (larger watercourses where the Environment Agency has an overseeing role) please call 0800 807 060. If in doubt contact NWWM in the first instance.
For flooding on roads the first contact should be to Worcestershire highways as they are responsible for clearing drains, gullies and culverts under the road (note that road-side ditches may be the responsibility of the neighbouring land owner). WCC Highways can be contacted through the following link http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/my-self-service/report-it/flooding.aspx or by calling 01905 765 765.
For any flooding which contains sewage, Severn Trent need to be contacted immediately, and a reference number should be obtained. STW can be contacted on 0800 783 4444. For issues with household drainage, Worcestershire Regulatory Services can be contacted on 01905 822 799.
NWWM website contains plenty of information on contact numbers, advice and website links which may be of use: http://www.wyreforestdc.gov.uk/cms/community-and-living/emergencies-and-crime-preventi/emergencies/emergencies---flooding/contacts.aspx