Mamble Parish is a small pretty village on the edge of the Malvern Hills District of Worcestershire. It is located on the A456 between Bewdley and Tenbury Wells. The earliest reference to Mamble occurs in a 10th-century Saxon charter. At the date of the Domesday Survey in 1086 Ralph Mortimer was recorded as holding 'half a hide' of land at Mamble. Within the heart of the village is the 13th century sandstone church of St John the Baptist and this is first mentioned in 1231-2, when the advowson was granted to the Abbot of Wigmore. The Sun & Slipper Inn is a Grade II listed building of 17th century origin, built circa 1620 as a house and later becoming an inn, located in the historic core of the village, it is in close proximity to the Church and a number of other listed an unlisted buildings of a similar date. A short walk up from here is also a well equipped Village Hall that hosts many events. The red Telephone Kiosk, just outside this building, was adopted to home the parish Defibrillator. There are many fantastic walks around Mamble and visitors are very welcome.
Contact the Parish Council