The Parish of Dodford with Grafton lies some three miles west of Bromsgrove and displays the essential characteristics of the Chartist village that came into existence in 1849. More than half of the properties were built before 1900 and a number of these are 'listed' buildings within a Conservation Area. The oldest remains are of a priory, founded in the 12th century, now incorporated in a Tudor House situated in Priory Road.
Grafton Manor, a hotel with a history stretching back 700 years, lies on the southern edge of the Parish. One of the listed buildings, a Chartist bungalow named Rosedene, was recently purchased by the National Trust and opened on a restricted usage for educational visits.
The Mission Church, standing where the Village Hall now is, was originally consecrated in 1863. The present church in Priory Road, Holy Trinity and St. Mary, was completed in 1908 and features woodwork and plasterwork in the Arts and Crafts style and stonework embellished by the Bromsgrove Guild. The church shares a vicar with Catshill and Marlbrook and there is usually a morning service and Young People's Church every Sunday morning.
Dodford First School was opened in 1877 and serves the needs of the Parish and the surrounding area. The school provides education for children up to the age of 9 years.
Contact the Parish Council