Coronavirus - Update from Pebworth Parish Council
Life in our country and in our small Parish has dramatically changed in the last couple of weeks and seems likely to change further. Pebworth Parish Council are working with Wychavon District Council who in turn are working with County Council and Central Government to filter down the actions required to keep us all safe. All the information that you need should be readily available through the news and internet channels so our ability to influence matters at our small local level is quite limited. However please note the following actions and updates that we ask you to be aware of during this difficult time:
Parish Council meetings have been suspended until further notice, including the Annual Parish Meeting which was scheduled for 20th April.
- Parish matters will continue to be administered remotely and all Parish Councillors and the Parish Clerk can still be contacted individually by Email or telephone
- We have been instructed to close the children's play area on the Close and the recreation facilities on the field opposite the Masons Arms, however the public open spaces themselves will remain open for now but not for team sports or groups of people .
- The planned Village Hall renovation project is under regular review and progress will be dependent on ongoing government guidance
- The streetlight replacement project is likely to be delayed
- Grass cutting to maintain the public open spaces, burial ground maintenance, and highway verge mowing is suspended until further notice
- The Parish Lengthsman scheme is being suspended which means that small scale local highway maintenance will be reduced
- Parish maintenance matters can still be dealt with by the Parish Handyman wherever possible
- District and County Councils may be operating reduced services, their own websites will show further updates
If you live within our Parish and are directly affected by Coronavirus or in self isolation there is immediate local assistance available to you. Pebworth Response Group is a well organised group of local people who are ready and willing to help you with simple everyday tasks such as food shopping, prescription collections, posting mail, dog walking etc. This group is recommended and supported by Pebworth Parish Council, their volunteers can be contacted on 01789 610449 or email email@example.com
The Coronavirus situation is changing rapidly and any other important updates will be provided as they become available. Please continue to monitor the news and follow all government advice.
Please encourage your neighbours and others to join the E-news group to be able to receive up to date Parish Council news and local information – just email the clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the E-news group
Pebworth Parish Council Clerk
01789 773 999