MAJOR NEW INDUSTRIAL BUSINESS PARK PLANNED FOR STRENSHAM
If you are concerned about this development, you only have until December 16th to send in your comments. Please see a suggested outline letter of objection and the contact details/email address for your comments (attached). The response form can be found along with other details on this link: https://www.swdevelopmentplan.org/?page_id=14555
- Planners and politicians are proposing in the South Worcestershire Development Plan a MASSIVE new business park (Map of the development site attached).
- This is positioned immediately behind the existing Strensham Business Park.
- It is proposed to be 14.7 Hectares in size.
- This is 22 times larger than the existing Strensham Business Park.
- The area covered on what is currently an attractive greenfield site is the equivalent in size to about 24 football pitches.
- In the planning document access is suggested through the back of the existing business park.
- The area of the Park is so large that it will cover a much larger area than the village itself.
- Strensham will no longer be “the place next to the M5 service area”. It will be a Business park with a few houses attached.
- This proposed development will have an enormous impact on the roads through Strensham.
- As the new employees, lorries and vehicles servicing the development will travel from further afield than Strensham, the traffic load on the narrow roads around Strensham and from the M50 junction will increase very dramatically.
- Strensham has no local transport infrastructure nor any local services, therefore the enormously increased amount of HGV traffic will pass directly through the village centre. In addition, a vast amount of lighter traffic will pass through Strensham as well as along the lanes from Twyning and the M50 junction.
- The proposed Business Park is positioned directly on top of the locally listed Historic Garden of Strensham Court in a blatant abuse of the protection this official Heritage Asset should be receiving.
- In the South Worcestershire Plan Assessment, the potential site is described as extremely prominent in its surroundings. It will completely dominate the views across from the M50 motorway and Hill End towards the Malvern’s.
This plan has been adopted by WYCHAVON DISTRICT COUNCIL, it is out for comments!
Do not miss out on this opportunity to comment or IT WILL HAPPEN.
SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS BY DECEMBER 16TH OR IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO INFLUENCE THE DECISION.
Please copy the District and County Councillors
YOU may wish to forward this on to friends and family in adjoining villages!
Strensham Parish Council
Residents Letter of Objection