The Parish of Norton-juxta-Kempsey is a Parish of 749 hectares (1850 acres) located to the south-east of Worcester, and south of junction 7 of the M5. It is bisected north-south by the M5 motorway but contains no other major roads. It is also crossed north-south by the Birmingham to Bristol rail line, and east-west by the Worcester to London railway line, with the lines crossing at Norton junction, where there was once a station. The Parish is primarily rural in nature although there is a reasonably modern housing development at the northern end of the Parish on land that previously formed part of Norton Barracks.
The Parish has a population of approximately 2500 and contains the villages of Norton, Littleworth and Hatfield with a small group of houses at High Park. Most of the residents work in Worcester or Wychavon.
Apart from agriculture, the history of the Parish is very much based around the military, with Norton Barracks as the home of the Worcestershire Regiment from 1881 – 1962. Subsequently the Keep, a listed building, has been converted into residential accommodation. The roads surrounding the Barracks are named after the battle honours of the Regiment.
Recently, work has started on the construction of a Parkway Station on the edge of the Parish, which will provide direct rail links to London, Birmingham & Bristol.
The Parish Hall site is equipped with a children’s play area, a MUGA and a tennis court, as well as a football pitch and open space.
The Parish Council continues to seek ways to improve the quality of life for residents of the Parish by promoting appropriate housing, access to healthcare, education, transport and leisure facilities, and to maintain the identities of the villages in the Parish within a rural environment.
Contact the Parish Council