NOTICE OF VACANCY IN OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
Parish Council of Alfrick and Lulsley
1. There is a vacancy on the above Council caused by the resignation of
Councillor Ms B Brown on 23/07/2020.
2. A bye-election to fill the vacancy will be held if within 14 days* (not counting a
Saturday or Sunday,) from the date below ten electors** for the ward give notice in
writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer.
By virtue of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and The Local Government and Police
and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and
Referendums)(England and Wales) Regulations 2020 the by-election will not
currently take place, and the vacancy will be held open until the by election takes
The 2020 regulations provide for the by-election to take place on Thursday 6 May
2021. However, this date may be brought forward or deferred by the Government
depending upon the circumstances. Any Election that is in due course called will be
duly publicised as required by law.
3. The address of the Returning Officer is
The Council House
4. If no such notice is given the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
G M Brewin
Clerk to the Council
* In calculating dates for this purpose, exclude Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday and bank holidays.
** There is no form of words for this request, which might simply be a letter headed with such words as “We the undersigned being electors for the [Ward of] … Parish, call for an election to fill the vacancy arising from the [death][resignation] of …”. It is helpful if the ten signatures are accompanied by printed names and addresses.